[SciPy-dev] NAN in special/cephes breaks CVS build

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Sun Feb 24 03:37:49 EST 2002

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> For some reason, the fastumath module is being linked against the c_misc
> library, the cephes library, and the gist library.   I thought one of the
> changes Pearu made was to fix this.
>
> Is it still not quite fixed, or should I try to change something.

We fixed that the fortran libraries will not get linked against all
modules. Fixing this also for C libraries requires some deviation from
standard distutils, though, I think that it is worth. This was left
unimplemented for a hope that some better idea comes up. But if linking
alien libraries is causing trouble, then we should fix this. Tell me if it
is needed and I make it a first priority.

Pearu