[SciPy-dev] Request to test system info hooks

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Fri Feb 22 09:52:19 EST 2002

Eric,

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, eric wrote:

> Yes, right now, it can't find anything on my machine.  The idea of a prefix
> doesn't really exist -- unless it is c:\windows\system32.  I'll look into this
> tonight and see what sane approaches we can take to things.

Could

  c:\

be considered as a prefix? Because I see that you are using

 atlas_library_dirs=['C:\\atlas\\WinNT_PIIISSE1']

and if os.path.isdir('c:\\') would succeed, then system_info should find
this atlas library.

Is is reasonable to search c:\windows\system32 for libraries? Is that the
place where win32 users install the third party libraries?
Also I am not familiar with Cygwin and Mingw issues? Can they be
considered to have similar tree structure like in unices? I mean do they
have directories like /usr/, /usr/local, etc?

Pearu