[SciPy-dev] RE: CVS Build Instructions

Travis N. Vaught travis at scipy.org
Wed Feb 20 23:01:44 EST 2002

F-

I completely agree.  I think the 'edit' feature was a casualty of some
unrelated edition to the SciPy site dealing with menuing or something.  The
behaviour should definitely be for an 'Owner' of a document (its creator) to
be able to edit--even after publication.

This should be fixed in the next generation of the site along with other
improvements and fixes.  We will hopefully migrate to it later next week.
BTW if you have any other suggestions about the site, they are welcome.
Here are some thoughts that are being bandied about:

 o Roundup bug-tracker instead of the currently ignored sourceforge tracker

 o Better facility for community comments to docs and the site in
general--perhaps just the mailing lists

 o get rid of duplicate functionality (Wikis are similar to comments (now
disabled) are similar to archived mailing lists--we should probably use one
for discussion (mailing lists) one for co-generated docs (Probably not wikis
but I'm not sure--could be some CMF document in users' folders)

I've posted this to the scipy-dev list to invite (gingerly worded) comments
about how the scipy.org site would ideally work.

Thanks,

TV