[SciPy-dev] Stupid question.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Feb 20 13:36:42 EST 2002

    FP> this topic at
    FP> http://www.scipy.org/Members/fperez/PerezCVSBuild.htm

    FP> Feel free to comment/fix or add information about what may be
    FP> different for other distros. I think the easier we can make
    FP> life for those willing to use cvs, the better off we'll be in
    FP> the long run.

Will do if and when I get some time.  At the least I'll mail the list.

    >> I guess it serves me right to keep updating from CVS and
    >> trying. :(

    FP> Why don't you try a clean rebuild/install?

Im doing that as I write.  I found a problem and will try to commit a
fix and will write about it later.

    FP> cd your_scipy_cvs/ rm -rf build ./setup.py build pushd
    FP> /usr/lib/python/site-packages/ rm -rf scipy* popd ./setup.py
    FP> install

Hmm.  Actually isnt it better to do:

cd <scipy_cvs_dir>
./setup.py clean
./setup.py build

instead of rm -rf on build?  I'm not sure about this.

prabhu