[SciPy-dev] Stupid question.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Feb 20 12:26:13 EST 2002

    FP> Hi all, I'm trying to do a

    FP> python setup.py build

    FP> on a freshly updated cvs of scipy, so I can test the current
    FP> state of things. But the linking is failing with:

    FP> gcc -shared build/temp.linux-i686-2.2/fftw_wrap.o
    FP> -L/usr/local/home/fperez/lib -Lbuild/temp.linux-i686-2.2
    FP> -lfftw_threads -lrfftw_threads -lfftw -lrfftw -lpthread
    FP> -lc_misc -lcephes -lgist -o
    FP> build/lib.linux-i686-2.2/scipy/fftw/fftw.so /usr//bin/ld:
    FP> cannot find -lfftw_threads collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I know that this problem has been solved but FWIW everything seems to
work fine under Woody Debian GNU/Linux.

However, at the moment my scipy install seems to have gone crazy.  The
stats module or the ga module seems badly broken.  I cant seem to
import scipy anymore.  I blindly changed all import scipy.stats.rv as
rv lines to import scipy.stats.rv in the ga directory (in my installed
copy) and now scipy seems to load ok.

scipy.test() however does not work anymore.

In [1]: import scipy
scip
In [2]: scipy.test()
TypeError                                 Traceback (most recent call last)

?

? in test(level=1)

? in test_suite(level=1)

TypeError: harvest_test_suites() got an unexpected keyword argument 'level'

I guess it serves me right to keep updating from CVS and trying. :(

prabhu