[SciPy-dev] scipy_distutils/*_info.py files

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Mon Feb 18 16:26:32 EST 2002

Hi,

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, eric wrote:

<snip>
> This makes me think they should all live in a central place so that people know
> where to look for them.  scipy_distutils seems as good of a place as any.  I
> guess we could make a scipy_distutils.config sub-package directory.  Maybe that
> would be better.?

If we go for 'class system_info' method then I think we could keep all in
one file (similar to build_flib that holds all Fortran compiler
descriptions). I don't think that this file would get very
large. Currently we need info only about atlas,x11,fftw (may be also
Numeric if NumArray becomes usable, etc). So, unless someone implements it
first (as I'll be probably busy in coming days), I would suggest

	scipy_distutils/info.py

for holding the base class 'system_info' and its derivatives
atlas, x11, fftw, etc.

Pearu