[SciPy-dev] scipy_distutils/*_info.py files

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Sun Feb 17 18:48:25 EST 2002

Hi,

I have introduced scipy_distutils/x11_info.py that similarly to atlas_info
determines the locations of X11 libraries and header files.
This should fix the long running setup_xplt.py issue. Let me know if I
missed something.

Note also that x11_info.get_info returns a dictionary that contain items
like libraries:list,library_dirs:list,etc (this is different from
the current atlas_info.get_atlas_info).

Seems like that there will be a collection of *_info.py files. I wonder
what would be the right place to keep these files. Currently they are in
scipy_distutils though scipy_distutils itself does not use them at
all.

It is not a very important matter but may be somebody (Eric ?) had a
vision on this (unified specification,etc) that we should try to follow.

Pearu