[SciPy-dev] Is Python being Dylanized?

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sun Feb 17 02:18:00 EST 2002

    >> As I said before maybe these are all completely crazy and
    >> impossible ideas.  My apologies if they are.  If they are not
    >> then it looks like HPP should be pretty feasible and very
    >> exciting.

    eric> I don't think they are impossible, but I also do not have a
    eric> handle on what the possibilities with classes are yet.

Well, Pat seems convinced that the most important thing would be
getting a good wrapper for the struct class.  Again there is most
probably a lot of work involved even if that is involved.  But what
I'm excited about is that this is not some pipe dream but something
that is very doable and just a matter of time.

    eric> Currently, I'm most interested in getting Pat's framework
    eric> more mature so that it is easy for people to modify and
    eric> experiment with.  This will mostly be done in the context of
    eric> functions because weave (the old weave) doesn't support
    eric> classes yet.

    eric> I'm glad to see others are thinking about all this stuff!

Well, if we dont have the time to cough up code the least we can do is
generate ideas, stimulate discussions and get everyone excited.  :)

prabhu