[SciPy-dev] Problem with flapack

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Thu Feb 14 18:32:13 EST 2002

Eric,

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, eric wrote:

> Ok.  I agree.  I'm working on weave today, but can can commit to working some on
> linalg tomorrow.  I would like to work on the interface exposed by
> linear_algebra quite a bit anyway.  Can you give me a few pointers as to what
> needs work on the wrappers, and I'll hit those first.

linalg2 needs:

1) signatures for the following flapack routines:
   ?laswp,?geqrf,?gees,??ev,?geev,??egv,?ggev,?gesdd,?gelss
(these are used by linear_algebra.py)

2) linear_algebra.py file, can be copied from linalg but it must be
reviewed as many signatures have been changed.

3) setup_linalg.py file. It should be copy/paste from
linalg/setup_linalg.py (define_macros,f2py_options should not be needed
anymore).

4) __init__.py file. Copy from linalg.

And later we should gradually add wrappers for cblas routines, few
are missing from fblas, but they are not used anywhere in scipy.

Note that the current linalg seems to work again (I have not run the
tests, though). May be it would be reasonable to make a snapshot and
to plug linalg2 in for the subsequent snapshot.

Now I'll hit the bed but tomorrow I'll try to find some time for working
with 1).

Pearu