[SciPy-dev] Problem with flapack

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Thu Feb 14 16:29:01 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, eric wrote:

> > linear_algebra.py is broken. If you stay tuned, I'll make a new f2py
> > release right now and then I'll get back to you (unless somebody else will
> > fix linear_algebra.py first, the fix should be trivial).
>
> Will your f2py release solve the problem, or do we need to fix linalg also?

Ok, turns out that the fix is not trivial after all because in January
f2py changed how it deals with multi-dimensional arrays ant the current
linalg/flapack uses the old convention. It means that linalg2 must be
finished ASAP. If one really needs linalg right now then try downgrading
f2py, say to F2PY-2.8.172, or 2.10, but I doubt that it will work as then
you'll have trouble with scipy_distutils, I guess.

Pearu