[SciPy-dev] FreeBSD patch

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Wed Dec 11 11:15:07 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 08:42, Rob wrote:
> This is the same BS that was said to me a year ago. At that time I sent
> Eric a patch.  Nothing was ever done with it.  I am removing SciPy from
> my home page.

Rob,

I'm sorry you've felt mistreated.  Sometimes patches can be lost in the
shuffle.  SciPy underwent some major changes in the way it was built
last year and so it's not too surprising that something like this was
unnoticed or lost.

I don't know if it was there last year, but there is a patch manager now
at sourceforge where you can send patches that won't get lost in the
email.

If you don't want to use SciPy, that is your choice, but I think that
Eric misunderstood that you had already submitted a patch.

Best regards and good luck with your Dyadic Python project.  It sounds
interesting.

Travis O.