[SciPy-dev] Re: [Scipy-cvs] world/chaco properties.py,1.10,1.11

David Ascher DavidA at ActiveState.com
Mon Dec 2 18:53:15 EST 2002

David C. Morrill wrote:

> Sigh. I don't suppose it's allowed to disagree with a PEP is it?

You can disagree with whoever you want. =)

> All I can
> say is that the code follows a style that I personally am very comfortable
> with and prefer, and so, yes, it is done on purpose.

Hmm.  All I'd like to say is that it would be good if the codebase was at the
least consistent.  As it is, it appears that Eric-authored files use 4 spaces
and David M-authored files use 3 spaces and 4 spaces.

After looking a bit, it seems that you (David) use 3 spaces after class, if
and in .co files, but 4 spaces after def and for statements.  It's an
interesting distinction which I've never seen - and I've looked pretty hard at
common indenting behavior when desiging Komodo =).

This sort of thing will make it harder for others to contribute.

--david