[SciPy-dev] Re: scipy / SGI MIPSpro compiler (part 3)

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Mon Aug 26 11:39:41 EDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-08-25 at 12:00, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 11:26:48AM -0400, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> > Hello Pearu,
> >
> > Thanks so much for the f2py patches.  All the tests/f77 are now "ok".
> > I've installed the new f2py and am now rebuilding scipy to see if
> > some of the latter's problems go away ...
>
> Sadly, they did not.  In fact, I now have one EXTRA failure :-(

> FAIL: check_normal (test_morestats.test_anderson)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/unstable/lib/python2.1/site-packages/scipy/stats/tests/test_morestats.py", line 46, in check_normal
>     assert(scipy.all(A < crit[-2:]))
> AssertionError

These "errors"  (and a similar one in the shapiro test) come about
because of real statistical tests which can sometimes fail even though
the code is working correctly.  I'm not sure what to do about this.
Perhaps a warning could be printed showing the results if the test fails
rather than raising an error.

-Travis