[SciPy-dev] Re: scipy / SGI MIPSpro compiler (part 3)

Pearu pearu at scipy.org
Sun Aug 25 14:32:27 EDT 2002

On Sun, 25 Aug 2002, Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> Sadly, they did not.  In fact, I now have one EXTRA failure :-(

> FAIL: check_normal (test_morestats.test_anderson)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/unstable/lib/python2.1/site-packages/scipy/stats/tests/test_morestats.py", line 46, in check_normal
>     assert(scipy.all(A < crit[-2:]))
> AssertionError
>
> I'm going to have a closer look at these failures now.
> Any advice guiding my search would be greatly appreciated!

It seems that tests in stats module sometimes just fail.
When I repeatedly hit

>>> scipy.stats.test(10)

then the change that some of the tests will fail is about 1/20.

I am just ignoring these failures as they may be due to too strict
conditions for estimating the success of the statistical methods in stats.
Sometimes the random data for testing functions is not very favorable..

Pearu