[SciPy-dev] Interactive versus batch mode

Adam C. Finnefrock finnefro at sas.upenn.edu
Fri Aug 16 10:58:12 EDT 2002

Nils Wagner <nwagner at mecha.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:

> If I execute
>
> #! /usr/local/bin/python
> from scipy import *
> import gui_thread
> from scipy import plt
> from scipy import gplt
> x = arange(0.,pi,0.01)
> gplt.plot(sin(x))
> plt.plot(sin(x))
>
> the picture produced by plt disappear as opposed to the picture produced
> by gplt.

I think you might want to put
>>> import gui_thread
FIRST, before anything else.  If you put the plt first, the plt window crashes
on my system (Python 2.2.1, 0.2.0_alpha_105.3694, Redhat 7.3 + ximian) the plt
window doesn't disappear, it crashes.  Might the quick disapperance of the plt
window be that it is being killed?  With the

> What can I do to benefit from the zoom function of plt in batch mode ?

How about slicing your data to what would be the zoom region?

Adam