[SciPy-dev] Open Office

Mark Evans lists at UltimateG.com
Thu Aug 1 07:27:16 EDT 2002

Hello SciPy,

Regarding the new plotting work I'd like to point out that similar
projects are underway at OpenOffice.org.
http://graphics.openoffice.org/chart/chart.html

There may be room to leverage labor and talent on both sides.  If
nothing else, their design documents may be worth reading.
OpenOffice uses a component model called UDO and there is a Python
wrapper for it.
http://polysorbate.org/?work/pyuno

Forgive me for speaking out of school as it were.  I have not followed
SciPy and in fact am a newcomer.  It's been a while since I was
deep into Python, but the site is encouraging.

Mark