[SciPy-dev] Crash in plt.image()

José Luis Gómez Dans josegomez at gmx.net
Wed Apr 10 06:25:01 EDT 2002

Hi Prabhu,

On Tuesday 09 April 2002 17:51, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

> Well, I think the problem arises because you did not start gui_thread
> before you started to use the plt module.  What you should do is
> something like this:

	Exactly, and the plt.image() problem is linked to this as well. So we
are all happy now, and i have already put my head inside a bucket :-)

	However, it seems a bit harsh for plt.image() to segfault if
gui_thread is nor imported, but looking at it, it looks as if it might
be a complicated effort to have the plt. methods check whether
gui_thread has been imported and if not, import it into the
automatically.

	At any rate, thanks for the help. plt.image() is working fine even
with large datasets.

Jose
--
José L Gómez Dans			PhD student
Tel: +44 114 222 5582			Radar & Communications Group