[SciPy-dev] scipy_base.testing - requiring Numeric?

eric eric at scipy.org
Sun Apr 7 16:12:23 EDT 2002

Hey Pearu,

Testing was actually developed as a generic test tool that would work outside of
scipy.  Weave uses it for testing, and weave is pretty much independent of scipy
and scipy_base other than this.  I don't want to force people to have Numeric
installed when using  weave.  Weave will have to be packaged slightly different
than it is now for stand-alone use, but I'd like to keep testing.py in a format
where it can be used without modification in the stand alone version.  So, this
is a long way of saying, lets keep the try/except around the Numeric stuff for
now.

I've added it back in.  Thanks for the rest of the cleanup you did.

eric