[SciPy-dev] Cygwin build problems

pearu at scipy.org pearu at scipy.org
Sun Apr 7 15:28:43 EDT 2002

On 7 Apr 2002, Jochen Küpper wrote:

> Yep, but even with the following site.cfg the library isn't found:
> ,----[cat scipy_distutils/site.cfg]
> | [DEFAULT]
> | lib_dir = /usr/local/lib:/opt/lib:/usr/lib:/lib:/usr/lib/python2.2/config
> `----

Yes, because libpython2.2 is not looked by the system_info.py script, it
is not its job, it is an issue of distutils or scipy_distutils, I think.

Actually, the needed library path seems to be defined in
build_ext.finalize_options method in distutils/command/build_ext.py.
I have little idea why it is not used. But try to uncomment lines
#67 and #70 in file scipy_distutils/command/build_ext.py.
I would be then interested to see the resulting linking command,
whether it will be succesful or not.

Also print self.library_dirs in that method to see whether the needed path
is there.
May be it is enough to add the following line

  self.compiler.library_dirs.extend(self.library_dirs)

before the call in line #84:

  res = old_build_ext.build_extension(self,ext)

Let me know how it goes.

Pearu