[SciPy-dev] scipy-0.2 -- maybe mid next week

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Sun Apr 7 04:59:23 EDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-04-07 at 01:31, pearu at scipy.org wrote:

> On 7 Apr 2002, Travis Oliphant wrote:
>
> > A recent checkin caused problems for SciPy on my platform.  Now I can't
> > get anything to load before a segfault.
>
> Do you mean Windows?

No, Mandrake-8.1  under 2 versions of python (2.2 and 2.2.1c2) both were
working correctly until the recent updates and now neither one works.
I've done rm -fr build/  several times to no avail.  I have no idea what
is going on.

> > I think you were checking in files recently, Pearu.  Can you see any
> > reason why I would be getting segfaults now?
>
> In linalg2: I have implemented wrapper for gemm, changed interface a bit
> for gemv, and fixed a bug in scal.
>
> If you run
> 	python -v -c 'import scipy'
> this might give more information what is causing your problems.

Thanks for this.  I can now see that it's choking when dlopen calls
_minpack.so  (no idea why, though).