[SciPy-dev] CVS updates complete

eric eric at scipy.org
Wed Apr 3 10:31:32 EST 2002

> > ERROR: check_complex_var_in (test_scalar_spec.test_gcc_complex_converter)
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File

"/home/peterson/cvs/scipy/build/lib.linux-i686-2.2/scipy/weave/tests/test_scalar
> _spec.py",
> > line 213, in check_complex_var_in
> >     mod.compile(location = test_dir, compiler = self.compiler)
> >   File "scipy/weave/ext_tools.py", line 321, in compile
> >     verbose = verbose, **kw)
> >   File "scipy/weave/build_tools.py", line 194, in build_extension
> >     setup(name = module_name, ext_modules = [ext],verbose=verb)
> >   File "/home/peterson/opt/lib/python2.2/distutils/core.py", line 157, in
> > setup
> >     raise SystemExit, "error: " + str(msg)
> > CompileError: error: file

'/home/peterson/cvs/scipy/build/lib.linux-i686-2.2/scipy/weave/CXX/cxxsupport.cx
> x'
> > does not exist
>
> Can you confirm that this file actually does not exists?  That directory
should
> look something like:
>
>     C:\Python21\scipy\weave\CXX>ls
>     Config.hxx      IndirectPythonInterface.cxx  cxx_extensions.cxx
>     Exception.hxx   IndirectPythonInterface.hxx  cxxextensions.c
>     Extensions.hxx  Objects.hxx                  cxxsupport.cxx
>
> If it isn't there, something is wrong with weave's setup script (at least for
> Python2.2) that causes it not to install data files correctly.  I'll look at
> this when I look into the cc error on FreeBSD.

I just tried this on Windows with Python2.2, and I don't see the problem you are
having.

>>> import scipy.weave
>>> scipy.weave.test(level=10)
<snip a bunch of test output...>

worked for a number of tests -- however I do get a seg-fault when the tests get
to complex number routines.  I think I'd rather be having your problem... :-|

I also got a seg-fault when running the scipy_base tests, so it may not be a
weave specific problem.  Anyway, something unpleasant is happening.

eric