[SciPy-dev] Re: PlotCanvas

Jochen Küpper jochen at jochen-kuepper.de
Thu Oct 25 23:26:14 EDT 2001

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:27:37 -0400 eric jones wrote:

>> Anyway, there should be something like <scipy>/doc/ProgrammingGuidelines,
>> I would suggest to start with the second attached file and put all
>> "enforced" rules in there. Doesn't have to be very formal (yet), just
>> put in the rules, if they are not clear that *will* be discussed on
>> the list at some point, you can be sure:(

Eric> I added your comment to the following page:

Eric> http://www.scipy.org/site_content/tutorials/formatting_guidelines

Yeah, nice wording.

But something like that, aimed at the scipy developer, should really
be in cvs -- as plain text. Working on the source I won't go on the
web to check that stuff out. I'll use the editor I am working in
already and load the file one dir up (or so). (No, I am not even
willing to start w3.) And there are more lazy people like me around:(

If you wanna avoid line wraps on 80-char terminals you have to break
at col 79, because some editors (*that is* Emacs) wrap lines with
exactly 80 text-chars on such displays.

Greetings,
Jochen
    Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité                GnuPG key: 44BCCD8E
        Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll