[SciPy-dev] RPMs and source distribution

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Tue Jul 24 02:46:36 EDT 2001

>     TO> I've been playing for hours and finally have it so that
>
>     TO> python setup.py sdist python setup.by bdist_rpm
>
>     TO> work as expected.
>
>     TO> I have distributions and RPM's that I need to put somewhere.
>
> So distutils stuff works?

With a lot of help from our own classes, they do.  It would be nice to get
our changes put into the main Distutils tree.

> And are there any plans for a debian package (more "if not, I'll work
> at it", than an honest request).

I have not heard of anyone who is working on this.  It would be nice to
add this to the distutils if possible so that

python setup.py bdist_deb  # or something similar

works.

Regards,

Travis