[scikit-learn] Inquiry on evolutionary/genetic algorithms

Ellarizza Fredeluces etfredeluces at up.edu.ph
Tue Nov 8 02:02:59 EST 2022

Dear Scikit-learn enthusiasts and developers,

I am new in optimization and machine learning in general.
I am having a hard time. So I have an objective function
y = a*x**3 + b*x**2 + c*x + d

I have values for x and y and I would want to determine a,b, c,d using GA.
I am confused with number of inputs and number of population.
Should i match the population size with my number of inputs (x,y)?
For example, I have 100 sets of x, y. Should I also have 100 as population
size?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ella