[scikit-learn] Question about n_jobs in KMeans function

Mingzhe Hu mh4116 at columbia.edu
Mon Sep 14 20:21:04 EDT 2020

Hi scikit-learn contributors,

I hope you are all doing well these days. I am now working on the KMeans
clustering acceleration algorithm and I would like to use your library as a
reference. Your codes are amazing and inspire me a lot in developing a more
efficient solution. But I still have a question about a certain parameter
in sklearn.cluster.KMeans().fit().

The installed version of sklearn is 0.23.0. I noticed there is a parameter
named n_jobs. When I set this to 1, the function runs faster than that
equals to -1. It's confusing to me. I posted the question with more details
on Stack Overflow and here is the link:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/63887062/questions-about-n-jobs-in-sklearn-cluster-kmeans.
You can check it and we can have more discussions.

Thank you for your time and looking forward to your reply.

All the best,
Mingzhe HU

--
Mingzhe HU
Columbia University in the City of New York
mh4116 at columbia.edu