[scikit-learn] Questions about partial_fit and the Incremental library in Sci-kit learn

Farzana Anowar fad469 at uregina.ca
Mon Sep 9 12:56:11 EDT 2019

Hello Sir/Madam,

I subscribed to the link you sent me.

I am posting my question again:

This Is Farzana Anowar, a Ph.D. candidate in University of Regina.
Currently, I'm working to develop a model that learns incrementally from
non-stationary data. I have come across an Incremental library in
sci-kit learn that actually allows to do that using partial_fit. I have
searched a lot for the detailed information about this 'incremental'
library and 'partial_fit', however, I couldn't find any.

It would be great if you could provide me with some detailed information
about these two regarding how they actually work. For example, If we
take SGD as a classifier, the incremental library will allow me to take
chunks/batches of data. My question is: Do this incremental library
train (using parial_fit) the whole batch at a time and then produce a
classification performance or it takes a batch and trains each instance
at a time from the batch.

Thanks in advance!

--
Regards,