[scikit-learn] titanic dataset, use for book

Sole Galli solegalli1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 04:01:39 EDT 2019

Hello Scikit-learn team,

I am currently writing a book for Packt on feature engineering, where I
plan to show how to use the newest sklearn transformers.

Could I confirm with you whether I can use the titanic dataset located here:

titanic_url = ('https://raw.githubusercontent.com/amueller/'
               'scipy-2017-sklearn/091d371/notebooks/datasets/titanic3.csv')

in the book?

The code where I found it, seems to have a BSD license, but I am not sure
whether the license extends to the use of the dataset as well.
https://scikit-learn.org/stable/auto_examples/compose/plot_column_transformer_mixed_types.html#sphx-glr-auto-examples-compose-plot-column-transformer-mixed-types-py

 Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you

Kind regards

Sole