[scikit-learn] Google Cloud ML Error

Liam Geron liam at chatdesk.com
Fri Jan 25 12:26:37 EST 2019

Hi scikit learn contributors,

I am currently attempting to transfer our preexisting models into cloud ML
for scalability, however I am encountering bugs while running through some
tutorial code found here (
https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/cloudml-samples/blob/master/sklearn/notebooks/Online%20Prediction%20with%20scikit-learn.ipynb
).

On both my local machine in a virtual environment and on the cloud shell
I'm encountering errors when it comes to version creation and online
prediction. For version creation on my local machine and on the cloud shell
I'm encountering this error: *"ERROR: (gcloud.ml-engine.versions.create)
Bad model detected with error:  "Failed to load model: Could not load the
model: /tmp/model/0001/model.joblib. 32. (Error code: 0)""* with Python
3.6.4 (local) and Python 3.5.6 (cloud shell) when running the command:

*"gcloud ml-engine versions create $VERSION_NAME \*
*    --model $MODEL_NAME \*
*    --config config.yaml"*

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,