[scikit-learn] New Governance document accepted!

Andreas Mueller t3kcit at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 10:52:20 EST 2019

Hey y'all.
It's my pleasure to announce that the new governance document has been
accepted by a core-dev vote.
Out of the 49 eligible core-devs, 22 voted "yes" on the mailing list and
4 voted "yes" on the issue tracker.

The remaining core devs did not vote.

You can find the document on github and soon also on the dev website:
https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/blob/master/doc/governance.rst

This also means we now have a Technical Committee to resolve technical
issues, with is (for now)
Alexandre Gramfort, Olivier Grisel, Joel Nothman, Hanmin Qin, Gaël
Varoquaux, Roman Yurchak and myself.

As described in the governance document, we will also be reaching out to
any developers that haven't been actively involved in the project in the
past 12 month, asking if they want to transition to emeritus status,
recanting their commit and voting rights until they become active again.

If you're a current core dev and think you'd be more appropriately an
emeritus member, feel free to comment here:
https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/issues/13257

Thanks, and hope to see you all soon at the sprint (online or in person).

Andy