[scikit-learn] Using GPU in scikit learn

Sebastian Raschka mail at sebastianraschka.com
Wed Aug 8 21:00:44 EDT 2018

Hi,

scikit-learn doesn't support computations on the GPU, unfortunately. Specifically for random forests, there's CudaTree, which implements a GPU version of scikit-learn's random forests. It doesn't look like the library is actively developed (hard to tell whether that's a good thing or a bad thing -- whether it's stable enough that it didn't need any updates). Anyway, maybe worth a try: https://github.com/EasonLiao/CudaTree

Otherwise, I can imagine there are probably alternative implementations out there?

Best,
Sebastian