[scikit-learn] Topic for thesis work on scikit learn

Andreas Mueller t3kcit at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 16:13:18 EDT 2017

Hi Gaurav.

Do you have a local mentor? I think having a mentor that can guide you
during a thesis is very important.
You could get some feedback from the community for a contribution, but
that can be slow,
and is entirely on volunteer basis, so there is no guarantee that you'll
get the necessary feedback in time
to finish your thesis.

Mentoring a thesis - in particular without knowing you - is a serious
commitment, so I'm not sure someone
from inside the project will want to do this. I saw you already made a
contribution in https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/pull/10005
but that's a very different scope than doing what I expect would be
several month of work.

Best,
Andy