[scikit-learn] Remembering Raghav, our friend, and a scikit-learn contributor

Joel Nothman joel.nothman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 03:14:12 EDT 2017

Gaël and Alex have spoken well. He was distinctive among contributors in
his dedication and persistence: he basically started from nothing and
slowly, eventually become an invaluable and knowledgeable member of the
team (despite being, I think, younger and less formally qualified than most
of us); even an expert on the tree code! I feel his loss as a contributor,
and a constant presence, but also as a personal student whose achievements
rewarded my mentoring efforts, and promised great things to come. It is
unimaginable how great those personal attributes must make the loss his
family feels. His determination and his enthusiasm are already and will
continue to be missed.