[scikit-learn] Commercial use of ML algorithms and scikit-learn

Paul Smith ps1988.191919 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 00:58:48 EDT 2017

Dear Scikit-learn users:

My name is Paul and I am working on a large electronics company. Sorry that
I cannot reveal the name of company.

My boss asked me to improve our business using ML algorithms. However I
recently found many of ML algorithms are patented.

Are there any legal problems if I use ML algorithms like SVM, decision
trees, clustering methods, and feature extractions for my company without
permissions?

If there are no problems, can I use scikit-learn for implementation?

Could anyone advise me on this issue please?

Thank you a lot and have a nice weekend.

Best regards,
Paul