[scikit-learn] [Feature] drop_one in one hot encoder

Parminder Singh parmsingh129 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 07:48:09 EDT 2017

Hy Sci-kittens! :-)

I was doing machine learning a-z course on Udemy, there they told that
every time one-hot encoding is done, one of the columns should be
dropped as it is like doubling same category twice and redundant to
model. I thought if instead of having user find the index and drop it
after preprocessing, OneHotEncoder had a drop_one variable, and it
automatically removed the last column. What are your thoughts about
this? I am new to this community, would like to contribute this myself
if it is possible addition.

Thanks,
Trion129