[scikit-learn] Fwd: sample_weight parameter is not split when used in GridSearchCV

Manuel Castejón Limas manuel.castejon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 04:34:41 EDT 2017

Dear Joel,

I tried and removed the square brackets and now it works as expected *for a
single* sample_weight vector:

validator = GridSearchCV(my_Regressor,
                     param_grid={'number_of_hidden_neurons': range(4, 5),
                                 'epochs': [50],
                                },
                     fit_params={'sample_weight':  my_sample_weights },
                     n_jobs=1,
                    )
validator.fit(x, y)

The problem now is that I want to try multiple trainings with multiple
sample_weight parameters, in the following fashion:

validator = GridSearchCV(my_Regressor,
                     param_grid={'number_of_hidden_neurons': range(4, 5),
                                 'epochs': [50],
                                 'sample_weight':  [my_sample_weights,
my_sample_weights**2] ,
                                },
                     fit_params={},
                     n_jobs=1,
                    )
validator.fit(x, y)

But unfortunately it produces the same error again:

ValueError: Found a sample_weight array with shape (1000,) for an input
with shape (666, 1). sample_weight cannot be broadcast.

I guess that the issue is that the sample__weight parameter was not thought
to be changed during the tuning, was it?

Thank you all for your patience and support.
Best
Manolo