[scikit-learn] Contribution - Markov Clustering

Uri Goren uri at goren4u.com
Wed Jul 12 00:47:57 EDT 2017

I've added this PR, and I addressed in the comments some of your concerns
(publications, comparison to affinity propagation, etc).

https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/pull/9329

I'd love for you to review, since this is my first PR in the scikit learn
repository

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 12:04 AM, Olivier Grisel <olivier.grisel at ensta.org>
wrote:

> If this is the first time you contribute, please make sure to
> carefully read the contributors guide till the end:
>
> http://scikit-learn.org/stable/developers/contributing.html
>
> In particular, make sure to follow the estimators API conventions for
> your PR to get a chance to be reviewed. In particular the gist you
> linked to is not compatible with the scikit-learn estimators API.
>
> Personally I have never heard of Markov clustering, so it's hard for
> me to assess whether it should be included in the project or not. It
> would really help if you could demonstrate its performance on a
> publicly available dataset where is does significantly better than all
> the other clustering algorithms already implemented in scikit-learn
> (both in terms of training speed and in terms of cluster quality /
> stability, although this latter point is very domain dependent).
>
> As a side note, if this is the first time you contribute to the
> project, it's probably best to have a look at how other pull requests
> are being reviewed (by reading the comment threads of other PRs) and
> maybe start by a small pull request to fix small bug (with a
> non-regression test) or tackle some documentation issues. Adding new
> estimators takes a lot of effort to review (we need tests, docs,
> updated examples) and assume some familiarity with the existing code
> base.
>
> --
> Olivier

*Uri Goren,Software innovator*