[scikit-learn] is RandomForest random samples or random features?

Nicolas Drougard drougardn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 04:27:43 EDT 2016

You may want to use the parameter called "max_features".

Indeed:

"1.11.2.3. Parameters -- The main parameters to adjust when using these
methods is n_estimators and max_features. The former is the number of trees
in the forest. The larger the better, but also the longer it will take to
compute. In addition, note that results will stop getting significantly
better beyond a critical number of trees. *The latter is the size of the
random subsets of features to consider when splitting a node.*"

Best regards,
Nicolas