[scikit-learn] Markov Clustering?

Allan Visochek avisochek3 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 08:05:21 EST 2016

At it's core, Markov clustering is a graph algorithm, it operates on a
sparse similarity matrix (essentially, by simulating flow between the data
points). This makes it useful for similarity graphs that don't originate
from features (i.e. protien-protien interaction networks). Because the
graph is based on similarity though, its definitely possible to use it as a
data clustering algorithm that takes a similarity metric as an argument.

I suppose it could be implemented so that the algorithm could take either a
sparse similarity matrix or a set of features as its first argument. This
would keep the same structure of the other clustering algorithms, but also
allow use with pure similarity graphs. Does this make sense?