[scikit-image] Python 3 transition

Johannes Schönberger jsch at demuc.de
Sun Nov 12 14:10:01 EST 2017

Hi,

This sounds like a good plan to me. This means that Python 2 is still supported and up to date for at least another year with scikit-image, but internally we can already start taking advantage of Python 3 features. Also, I have the feeling that there is already relatively good Python 3 support in the scientific community at this point. It will only get better in another year when we release 0.15.

Cheers,
Johannes