[scikit-image] Regarding RGSoC'17

Soha Midha sohamidha at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 09:11:25 EST 2017

Hi,

Good Evening!
My team applying for the RGSoC'17. We are interested in the project
scikit-image. We understand and can write code in Python and have been
learning Python past one month. Also we have already worked with Image
Processing Toolbox of MATLAB in one of our project (implemented a code
for Finger
Vein Recognition Based on a Personalized Best Bit Map) and are familiar
with the various terminologies used in image analysis with 2-D images.
There are various resources  to learn as mentioned in the project page of
RGSoC ,so, it won't be difficult t pick up this project .But there are so
many tasks, it's kind of difficult to choose a focused goal that could be
completed in three months.
Can anyone please guide me what tasks and features are best suited for us?

Thanks,
Soha Midha