[scikit-image] Memory consumption of measure.label (compared to matlab)

Martin Fleck martin.fleck at uni-konstanz.de
Thu Jul 13 15:56:07 EDT 2017

Oh one more small thing comes to my mind:

In the minimal example skimage code that I gave, I included two test
files: testImage.png and testImageTiny.png
The *Tiny.png strangely does not show the memory blowup at all. I don't
understand this behavior at all, but included anyway. Maybe it helps for
finding out more about the problem.

> FWIW, binary images are stored as ubyte, so 1 *byte* per pixel.

Sounds strange. Have to google about this. Thanks for the Info, anyway! :)

Cheers,
Martin