[scikit-image] RGSoC project : scikit-image

Steven Silvester steven.silvester at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 14:24:52 EST 2017

Hi Ramya,

I’d think contributing to scikit-image is a good way to learn image analysis and computer vision.  You can start with a smaller self-contained change to learn the process, and then move on to more advanced topics.

You can learn by first playing with one of our examples, and then writing one of your own.  You can write another test case for an existing set of tests.  You can read a paper with an interesting image processing technique, and then prototype it in Python.  You can update existing documentation that might be confusing at first to read.

We’d be happy to have your help!

Regards,

Steve