Task board

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 16:05:40 EDT 2016

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 10:42 PM, Stefan van der Walt <stefanv at berkeley.edu>
wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 4, 2016, at 01:32, Egor Panfilov wrote:
>
> You mean RFCs like PEPs?
>

> Exactly. I think, this format would help to accumulate our opinions on
> different matters (e.g. how to we treat and depend on `matplotlib`)
>

> We should chat to Ralf Gommers to find out how successful the Enhancement
> Proposal approach has been for SciPy, which is similar to this project in
> many ways.

Since we don't have those for SciPy, I'd say not very:) You're thinking
about NumPy probably:
http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/neps/index.html
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/tree/master/doc/neps

We don't use them often, but when we do they've been valuable. For example
the .npy version format is a good reference with rationale, and for complex
discussions like datetime and NA it helps to summarize the issues and
outlike solution directions (emails really don't work well for that).

Cheers,
Ralf