Adding Multi-Level Starlet Segmentation on scikit-image (or not)

Stefan van der Walt stefanv at berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 14 17:53:01 EDT 2015

Hi Alex

Sorry for the late reply!

On 2015-10-09 14:52:44, Alexandre Fioravante de Siqueira <siqueiraaf at gmail.com> wrote:
> I told to Stefan, Emmanuelle and Gael earlier about the possibility of
> incorporating a segmentation technique we developed from an undecimated
> wavelet.

How about putting together an example of what your technique can do,
similar to a gallery example?  You can also considering publishing it as
a blog post.  I think this will go a long way to encourage people to try
it.

> Also, I'd like to write a book on DIP using scikit-image. What do you guys
> think about it?

I'd be happy to see a book—I wish I had time to write it!  Even better
would be if some of the book material could make its way into the user
guide, but that is not usually a very enticing offer to authors :)

Looking forward to working with you,

Stéfan