Implementation of imtool for skimage

Juan Nunez-Iglesias jni.soma at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 20:14:50 EST 2015

Hi Darleison,

Many of the functions in the imaging toolbox are already in scikit-image.
If you implement additional functions, they would be very welcome in
scikit-image! See http://scikit-image.org/docs/stable/contribute.html

Please note this though: the code from Matlab, though sometimes visible, is
*not* available under an open source license. That means that if you look
at it and simply port it to Python, it is *illegal* to include it in
scikit-image. When you write functions to match Matlab functionality, you
have to write them from first principles, not from looking at the Matlab
code.

(Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, but that is my interpretation and I think
it matches the scikit-image policy. Others might chime in with different
opinions.)

Juan.