Euroscipy deadline extended

Emmanuelle Gouillart emmanuelle.gouillart at nsup.org
Sun May 3 09:57:53 EDT 2015

	Hi scikit-image folks,

	the deadline for submitting abstracts for talks and posters has
been extended for Euroscipy 2015, to May 15. Euroscipy 2015 will be in
Cambridge UK this year, from August 26 to 29 (see
https://www.euroscipy.org/2015/). If you're using scikit-image for your
work and you would like to share with the community the tools you
develop, the usage patterns that you find interesting, or to illustrate
how scikit-image can be used for applications, Euroscipy is a great
opportunity!

	Euroscipy has always been a great conference, with a welcoming
and enthusiastic atmosphere. Tutorials sessions are organised for
attendees of different levels, from beginner to more advanced
Pythonistas. Another nice thing of the conference is the mixture of
people from academic labs, industry and start-ups: it's a great place to
meet interesting people that are using the same tools, in different
backgrounds and applications.

	This year, Juan and myself are submitting an intermediate-level
tutorial about scikit-image. We cannot guarantee yet that it will be
accepted, of course, but let's keep fingers crossed :-). We'll also
organize a sprint on scikit-image (probably on Sunday 30, after the
conference).

	So, please consider submitting an abstract, or just attending the
conference! Also spread the word around you (you may for example retweet
https://twitter.com/EGouillart/status/594073076452696066) !

	Cheers,
	Emma