Equivalent of watershed for cutting connected components of an image of particles?

Thomas Caswell tcaswell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 19:01:39 EDT 2015

Jumping in from the peanut gallery, can you reliable identify when the
segmentation has gone sideways? Looking at the second moment, area to
bounding box area, or some other compactness measure?

If you can get away with it, you could just drop the offending cells. If
not, then you can try eroding the joined cells until they split into
multiple segments.

Tom