Install difficulties - No module named _hough_transform

james.a.f.jackson.2 at googlemail.com james.a.f.jackson.2 at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 14 09:35:31 EST 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to install skimage, and having installed the dependencies (from
requirements.txt in the source release), and then using pip to install
skimage itself, I am having problems importing the transform library:

Python 2.7.2 (default, Oct 11 2012, 20:14:37)
[GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple Clang 4.0 (tags/Apple/clang-418.0.60)] on darwin
>>> import skimage.data
>>> import skimage.transform
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "skimage/transform/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from ._hough_transform import (hough_ellipse, hough_line,
ImportError: No module named _hough_transform

This is on Mac OSX 10.8.4 with Python 2.7.2.  Is this an external library
that needs installing from somewhere else?  I have already had to install
tifffile separately to get skimage.data working (perhaps should be added to
requirements.txt?).  I've tried a variety of approaches, but haven't had
any success.

Any and all advice welcome!

Yours,
James.