Face detection

Vasanth Kalingeri vasanth.kalingeri at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 02:55:39 EST 2014

Hi Stéfan,

      I am a computer science undergrad, presently in my second year and
extremely interested in machine learning and computer vision.

      I found the project that you mentioned, here
<https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image/wiki/GSoC-2014>and I find it
to be really interesting to work on. I have used the haar classifier for
detecting faces(mostly as a black box) and I would like to understand its
working so that I can work on this project, can you please let me know how
I start with this? Any good algorithms in recent research papers that I
have to read? or any essential prerequisites for the project?

     Thanks a lot in advance.

Vasanth Kalingeri