How do you keep documentation so nice?

Adam Hughes hughesadam87 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 18:40:27 EST 2014

I really am impressed by this plt2rst.py module for autogenerating example
documentation!

I've been trying to implement it just to test it out and think I have it
setup right in terms of placement in my docs directory, I made an example
plot_test.py file in examples, but I'm confused on how to actually use the
plt2rst.py module.  Consider this line from that file:

    def setup(app):
        app.connect('builder-inited', generate_example_galleries)

        app.add_config_value('plot2rst_paths',
                         ('../examples', 'auto_examples'), True

When/how is this ever called?  The examples themselves don't use these
directives; so when is this found?

When I build in my make file, no auto_examples.html file is ever created in
my build directory.  So I'm thinking I'm not using this correctly.  Is
there another step besides just doing make build?